So now I am left wondering how I can possibly top the best summer of my married life so far. The only solution that I can come up with is to list things that I hope I will do or accomplish to make the best out of this summer:
- Grow a vegetable garden.
- Eat tasty, fresh veggies from garden.
- Gain greater endurance.
- Become a faster runner.
- See "Indiana Jones," "The Dark Knight," and "Get Smart."
- Brush up on German.
- Visit a new museum.
- Research for a new (and potentially life changing) project.
- Watch the last two seasons of "Arrested Development."
- Read three classic novels.
- Light fireworks.
- Make at least three trips to Scipio.
- Stay in a hotel for the weekend (I love staying in hotels).
- Paint baseboards in living room.
- Eat a Rainbow Sno snowcone (a West Bountiful staple).
- Go camping, sleep outside under the stars.
- Walk through the "Monet to Picasso" exhibition each day at work.
- Explore a new city with Rob.
- Learn how to bake.
- Ride a bike.
Yes, my summer list is a bit pathetic but I hope that as the summer goes on that Rob and I will continue to add new and exciting things to it that will make the summer enjoyable.
What are your summer plans?
4 comments:
Midgie,
There is no doubt in my mind that you will accomplish everything on your list, you are one determined woman! I too miss having you in DC, I found that I could re-live my time spent there through your experiences and I knew that you were in for a fast paced, unforgettable summer. Even though you were clear across the country, I knew that your trusty sidekick would take care of you. After looking over your list you are going to be busy but please make time for your Mutti!
Sounds like you've got a good plan for a fun summer, although I think you're right...nothing is going to top that summer in DC. I was also able to live in DC (almost 7 years ago, yikes) and I still think about it daily.
The vegetable garden and rainbow snows sound yummy and the movies are on my list to see too! I think you will be in store for a pretty good summer!
Ah, Summer. Is it really almost here? I've been loving your playlist . . . in fact I even added some of your good finds to my playlist so I can always have them!
I think it is awesome that you make goals, they seem to represent a new chapter for you, and you are moving forward with such a great attitude! So many people wait for opportunities to come to them, and you are here to seize the day. You go girl!
Post a Comment