Wednesday, October 22, 2008

360.

Our house has become politic central.  Ever since the Democratic and Republican conventions Rob and I have been hooked on all things Presidential.  Granted, I know that is not difficult to do. It seems that you cannot open a paper or turn on the TV without hearing something about the candidates.  Names such as Palin, Biden, Bernanke, and Paulson have become so commonplace that words like "bipartisan," "tax cut," and "bailout" have trickled into everyday conversations.  Their lives, platforms, and foibles are so prevalent that loathe them or love them, in just a matter of weeks we will find out who will be the new leader of the Free World. 

Lately I have been frequenting NPR, The Economist, and The New York Times and all three are bookmarked on my computer.  This election year has fascinated me.  Though I have not nor do not agree with every candidate, I have found it interesting to watch as minorities compete and campaign.  And I will openly admit that I have not yet selected a candidate. Rather, this election I am enjoying "shopping around."  I still have my respective values and interests but it has been interesting to challenge my opinions and learn more about both sides. Between websites, conventions, and debates, I have had plenty of opportunities to make both men work for my vote and I look forward to making my decision.    

So regardless of your political views get out and rock that vote, because this election will go down in the history books.  Let's face it.  Whoever becomes President, Democrat or Republican does not have an easy ride ahead of them.  I would not want this term...maybe the next one after the country is ideally more unified...But any way you slice it it is going to be a tough four years and may the most qualified person win! 

2 comments:

Becki said...

Very well stated. And I couldn't agree more. It's going to be a rough road a head so may the best qualified candidate win. I hope more people out there are eager to become educated and get out and vote!

The Mama said...

I will be very interested to hear who you have voted for Midge!! I love ya, Beaner