Sunday, March 15, 2009

Home.

We are home from our African adventure (aka the trip of a lifetime).  I will not even attempt to write about everything we saw and did in one post because it would not do it justice. For now let me just say that we have both fallen in love with the people, animals, and landscapes of Africa.  Despite the 18 + hours spent one way on a plane to get there - Rob and I would go back tomorrow if we could. 

Right now we are settling back in and gearing up for the work week ahead. Expect more pictures to be posted throughout the week. I took over 700 on our trip (don't worry, I won't post all of them) so now I get to pick the quintessential "African" ones that will knock your socks off and make you want to book your safari.

7 comments:

Holly Lujan said...

I am so excited to see the pictures! I would seriously look at all 700!

Tamber said...

Welcome home! I hope you guys had a blast. Eric about had a heart attack without Rob around. He kept asking me...'do you know when rob and erin are suppose to be home?'.

Camille said...

I am so glad you were able to go on such an amazing trip. My Aunt and Uncle (Cliff and Joyce Michaelis) just returned from the same Mission. I asked them if they knew Rob's parents, and the responded "OH YES! WE LOVED THEM!" The proceeded to tell me many many wonderful things about your parents. My Aunt Joyce felt like your mother-in-law was the only person who understood how much she missed her family. Both my Aunt and Uncle said your father-in-law was one of the nicest most sincere people they have ever met!

Can't wait to see your pics!

Jenni Hinckley said...

I didn't know what to think when Joseph told me had just hung out at your place for the last couple of hours talking about Africa! I can't wait to see you in 10 days!!

Becki said...

Welcome back! I can't wait to hear more and see the great pictures!! Don't keep us waiting too long :)

Shelby said...

Welcome back to reality. I am so glad you had such a great time!! I can't wait to see more of the pictures!

Shelby said...

By the way...do you have an invite to our blog now that we went private? If not email your email address and we will invite you! shelbywebster@gmail.com