After six long weeks of feebly trying to keep our lips sealed, we are finally ready to spill the beans - I am delighted to announce that I am pregnant with our first child. We have at last reached the twelve week mark and heard our little "Sprout's" heartbeat for the first time this morning. Its bup-da-bup-da-bup-da-bup was music to our ears and brought on a myriad of emotions - relief, excitement, wonder, and most of all, joy.
Up until now this pregnancy has felt like a dream. At times real (such as when I have been curled up in the fetal position clutching my stomach or giggling over the phone with my mom and sisters) and at others a big mystery (something - someone is growing inside me?!). Without a cute little bump I still look normal. I have not gained excess weight and my waist is still intact but if you look closer the top button of my favorite jeans is already unbuttoned, my face has broken out in hormone-induced acne, and I have a knowing smile on my lips. Yet my smile does not come close to equaling this baby's Daddy's. If you want proof of his excitement, just ask him about the night vision baby monitor that he bought at 4a.m. a couple of weeks ago (it's going to be perfect).
For now my days, nights, sleeping and waking thoughts are consumed with thinking, wondering, and worrying about this tiny thing. Am I eating well enough to give it what it needs? Should I be getting more rest? What will it look like? How big will my belly get? And will my morning sickness ever end? Thankfully I have a lot of people I can turn to for advice and I will need it all the more as the weeks go by so please, keep it coming.
By the end of next month or the beginning of October we will find out what it is and I greatly look forward to that day but for now I am enjoying its anonymity. Right now my mind is not filled with visions of tutus and dolls or basketballs and trucks. Instead I am simply enjoying that Sprout is just that. Our Sprout.
15 comments:
Congratulations Erin! I'm so excited for you! I hope your morning sickness gets better! Just wait until you start feeling it move-it's the coolest thing ever!
We are so excited for you guys. Glad you got to finally hear the heartbeat...that is the best. I hope you start feeling better. It will all be worth it in 6 months.
Congratulations Erin! You will be the cutest mom. Hang in there with the morning sickness and blahs...hopefully it will get better but if not, it's all worth it in the end :)
Ohh I'm so excited! Are you going to be able to make it to our class if you are feeling sick...? Maybe you'll be the sluffer, not me :) Can't wait to see you next week and hear all the details!
I LOVE your new songs on your playlist. Very cute! I am so excited for you guys.
Yeah for you guys!! I am excited. The first one was so fun! You will be a cute mom! I am sorry your sick hopefully is will pass.
Yes, I am one of the proud Grandmas of Sprout! What a lucky little person to come down to two amazing people. ( I am sure that Grandpa is telling him to make sure to keep his hair combed)!
Mutt
wow! that's great! keep us updated on everything!!!!
Cograts you guys! There is nothing like pregnancy and being a parent! You guys will do great! When is your due date exactly?
Congrats Erin and Rob. Before you know it, you will be here where I stand... 10 days from your due date, waiting patiently for this precious baby to make his debut into the world. Seems like yesterday that I heard the heartbeat for the first time. Just like you said, "relief, excitement, wonder, and most of all, joy." You guys will be wonderful parents.
(I have a big tear runnin down my cheek, listening to Baby Mine from your playlist.So precious)
Congratulations! This is so exciting! I love this post, it's so sweet. Keep us posted!
congratulations!!!!!
I am SO happy for you. You are going to be a beautiful and wonderful mom!
I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't even worry about eating "right". I didn't eat anything (literally) for 3 months, then my diet was consumed by Diet Coke and handfuls of Kix, until the last trimester when I seemed to be eating enchiladas frequently with more Diet Coke. Gained 10 lbs total throughout my pregnancy, and Will was 8.5 pounds of that. They'll just take whatever they want from you and leave you in the balance, but they know what they're doing and they'll take all they need from you. Congrats guys.
Post a Comment