Saturday, December 12, 2009

Distractions.

Forgive me for my sabbatical. I assure you that I have not been enjoying myself on my little blog-break, rather I have been immersed in finals. The past two weeks have been chaotic at best and now I am reminded why I was so relieved to graduate with my undergraduate in the first place. How quickly I forget the lessons I learn the hard way. Surely you will understand why I chose not to write in my spare time when I have been frantically composing my final papers.

The good news is that one and a half of them are complete. The very unfortunate news is that the only one I have left is proving to be the worst and most uninspiring to write. I have officially lost my will to think, write, and basically string any type of academically-coherent sentence together so I am amusing myself with shopping. After all, Christmas is just thirteen days away and up until today I was woefully unprepared for it.

Last week, Rob and I made our first, and arguably most important, purchase for Sprout's nursery. I happened upon this artist on Etsy and became enamored with his unique style. After some consideration and visualizing, we thought that decorating with woodland critters in our little Critter's room seemed quite fitting.
This raccoon was our favorite. What do you think?

Obviously we are still need of some other things such as a crib, stroller, etc but those things will have to wait until next Thursday when my brain will be uncluttered and my psyche will assuredly be lighter.

4 comments:

Tamber said...

So cute! I love it, sprout is going to have a stylish room.

Holly Lujan said...

I love it! Etsy is awesome and you can find the most beautiful handcrafted items! Good luck with your finals.

The Mama said...

I love it... very fitting for a baby's room whose mother was a true nature lover as a little girl. :) It also reminds me of the animals in Sleeping Beauty. Very cute!

athomson said...

Perfect for the mama that has "critter-like" hands! What a resemblance.