Sunday, October 5, 2008

Impressions.

After such an uplifting weekend I cannot help but feel motivated to be a better person.  One of the of the things that I treasure most about Conference is that it reminds me to reach outside of myself.  As pathetic as it may seem, I need semi-annual reminders to be a kinder person, a friendlier neighbor, and a harder worker.  Without these blessed two days every six months I do not know what I would do with myself.  It made it all the better to peek outside my window and see buckets of rain falling from the sky on Saturday morning.  A perfect compliment for a perfect weekend: cozying up with a blanket and catching a session of Conference was a refreshing and inspiring way to spend the afternoon.   

Things I will remember and try to do:
..."Do what is right, be faithful and fearless."
...Keep it simple, per Elder Perry.
...Visit the Rome, Italy temple once it is dedicated.
...and visit the "greater Kansas City area" temple too, for Jenni and Joe.
...Get a better umbrella to prepare.
...Be a little quieter each Sunday, per Elder Oaks.
...Value hope and continue to press forward, per President Uchtdorf.
...Try to eat a little less sugar.
...Look for angels on earth, per Elder Holland.
...Laugh more, per Elder Wirthlin.
...Strive to be united, per President Eyring.
...Remember that the human race has more similarities than differences, also per President Eyring.
...Serve.
...Speak with boldness and quiet confidence, per Elder Hales. 
...Text less, per Sister Dalton.
...Find virtue.
...Seek abundance, per President Monson.

What will you remember?

4 comments:

Jenni Hinckley said...

I am glad that you will come visit us, even if the visit is really to see the Temple!

athomson said...

It almost seems like the world stands still for 4 days out of the year. I think people take the opportunity to gather around family and remember the things that really matter in life. Thanks for the sweet message, Midgie

The Mama said...

I love reading your commments after the "frence" because it helps jog my memory of the great talks that I too enjoyed. Here's to being a little better!!!

marta said...

hi erin! i love this list.. so inspiring. it's so nice to feel uplifted and to put it all into play.

my shop is now open.. sorry about that link! anyway.. hope all is well. xo.