Eddie turned one month old yesterday.
In four short weeks, our fighter has gained half a pound (and two ounces) and is literally growing before our very eyes. He has graduated rooms and even has outgrown his tiny diapers. His preemie pacifier is one of his closest friends and he sucks on it often. His lungs are maturing and what once sounded like a kitten mew has developed into a strong infant cry. His cheeks have become fuller, his eyes more expressive and even more gorgeous, and his smile is more frequent.
And even though he has grown and developed, his feet are still impossibly cute and tiny. Indeed, almost everything about him is still tiny. It is hard to believe that one day he will be big.
Not a day goes by when I do not worry (actually, not an hour goes by when I do not worry). Apparently the worries that I had during my pregnancy were truly just the beginning. But the more that I think of it the more I realize that every parent essentially feels the same way. Situations may change and all children are different but the fact remains that parents love their children too much to not worry. The trick that I still have to master is to not let my worries consume me so much that I forget to focus on what is in front of me. Until that day comes, I know that I will be thinking, worrying, praying, and rejoicing over every move our little fighter makes for the rest of his life because on the 24th of May a new chamber formed in my heart, and it is completely and utterly his.



4 comments:
Oh, Erin. I have been praying for your little one every day. I burst into tears when I first read about him; sometimes life just doesn't seem fair! I'm glad he is a fighter; he certainly is adorable!
Thinking of you often, Hannah
Yay!! Go Eddie! We are so glad to hear he is doing well. He is such an adorable little guy. I have to say that I worried about Luke constantly, especially when he was a newborn. If he ever slept longer than usual I would be in there to check his breathing. We were constantly taking his temperature and keeping track of feedings and diapers. All that and he was a perfectly healthy little guy. I was super paranoid, but it went away around 6 months :) Now I just worry about how many times he is going to hit his head in one day. We pray for you every day!! LOVES to your family!
Wonderful news!!! Your little family has been constantly in our prayers. I'll be eagerly looking forward to news of more graduations for Eddie!
Post a Comment